Friday, October 25, 2013

Yesterday we reviewed the parts of a story and the three ways actors add information to a scene (verbally, emotionally, and space work) before I read our nonfiction book, "On a Beam of Light, a Story of Albert Einstein" click HERE for review. I wanted them to listen for the different emotions and to pay attention to the different tempos I would use when reading the book. So we had a chance to talk about tempo and after reading the book also about imagination. We also talked about lasers and space travel.


After the class Becky Wallin, Cathy Douglas and I talked about getting clear on what our long term goals for the next 10 visits would be. Because next Thursday is Halloween, we will use next week for getting more specific lesson plans mapped out.  Speaking of maps, I was all over the map with the things we covered yesterday. I lacked focus but was excited about the nonfiction book I brought to share. Things were taught but for what purpose?

For our next lesson, I think we will write a story to act out using these new vocabulary words:
Appearance 
The way something looks
Axis 
A straight line about which something turns
Model 
A small copy of something
Moon 
A large object that revolves around Earth
Orbit 
The path followed by an object going around another
Revolution 
To move in an orbit while rotating around an object
Rotation 
To turn around a center point or axis (spinning)
Sphere 
A space figure that has the shape of a round ball

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to hear how your next lesson goes Dave. Using those words to write a story will be great - I'm glad that they'll be acting them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave, I'm excited to see you add focus to your lessons. And I'm sure you students love your enthusiasm! Wait to be.

    ReplyDelete